Wednesday, April 25, 2007

it's gonna be a bright, bright, sunshiny day

ella's favourite song for me to sing to her is "i can see clearly now". maybe because it's my favourite song to sing to her. although we have a lot of songs in rotation, this is the one she routinely requests.

"which song should mama sing for you?"

"bight shiny day, mama"

it's a bit of an anthem for me. bringing me out of this darkness phase of my life. "i think i can make it now. pain is gone." it's a mantra, you know. by repeating over and over, i will make it manifest.

the glow, that energy, that spirit of joy that beams from ella is illuminated in me by her eyes, her smiles, her hugs and "tisses", when she asks if nona can come over, when she cares for her stuffed toys the way i care for her, ... it's up to me look all around. there's nothin' but blue skies.

No comments: